Saturday, October 9, 2010

Elvis Presley: Always on my Mind

  


















Singer: Elvis Presley
Lyrics: Mark James, Wayne Carson, and Johnny Christopher
Original Singer: Brenda Lee
Recorded: March 29, 1972 at RCA's Hollywood studios.
Film: Recording session appeared in the 1981 documentary This is Elvis.

The single release had a 13-week stay on the country chart, peaking at No. 16.It reached gold status in the U.S for sales of over half a million copies. It's a love song, and in the case of Elvis Presley, the song's heartfelt sentiments were likely directed at his lost love, Priscilla, recorded shortly after their separation on February 23, 1972.
 
Always on my Mind

Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine
If I made you feel second best
Girl, I'm so sorry I was blind

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied, satisfied


Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You are always on my mind

You were always on my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.