Thursday, October 28, 2010

John Lennon: Woman



Recorded: 5 August, 27 August, 8 September, 22 September 1980
Released: 16 January 1981
Album: Double Fantasy
Label: Geffen Records

I dedicate this song to my beautiful wife, Oggie. Thank you for all you do for me, for putting up with me, and especially for being who you are: a sincere, loving and loyal soul-mate.


Woman: This is the front cover for the 45rpm vinyl single Woman by the artist John Lennon. The cover art copyright is believed to belong to The Estate of John Lennon, and the image was created by Jack Mitchell.  

Woman
By John Lennon

Woman I can hardly express,
My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness,
After all I'm forever in your debt,
And woman I will try express,
My inner feelings and thankfulness,
For showing me the meaning of succsess,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside the man,
Please remember my life is in your hands,
And woman hold me close to your heart,
However, distant don't keep us apart,
After all it is written in the stars,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman please let me explain,
I never mean(t) to cause you sorrow or pain,
So let me tell you again and again and again,
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.