Thursday, November 4, 2010

Frank & Nancy Sinatra: Something Stupid




















Written by: C. Carson Parks

Released: 1967
Recorded: February 1, 1967
Label: Reprise Records
Album: The World We Knew

From Wikipedia:
The song spent four weeks at no. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and nine weeks atop the adult contemporary chart, becoming Mr. Sinatra's second gold single as certified by the RIAA and Ms. Sinatra's third. It was the first and only instance of a father-daughter number-one song in America. The single also reached no. 1 on the UK Singles Chart the same year.

Something Stupid

I know I stand in line until you think
You have the time to spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance
I know that there's a chance you won't be leaving with me
And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two......
And then I go and spoil it all by saying
Something stupid like I love you

I can see it in your eyes that you despise
The same old lines you heard the night before......
And though it's just a line to you for me it's true......
And never seemed so right before
I practice everyday to find some clever lines
To say to make the meaning come true......
But then I think I'll wait until the evening gets late
And I'm alone with you
The time is right your perfume fills my head......
The stars get red and on the nights so blue......
And then I go and spoil it all by saying
Something stupid like I love you

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed note: In other news, about future plans to post my novel-in-progress, see Announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.