Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Elvis Presley: Burning Love



This is a video clip from Aloha from Hawaii at the International Convention Center Arena in Honolulu (now known as the Neal S. Blaisdell Arena). Elvis Presley's performance was broadcast live via satellite to more than 40 countries in Asia and Europe on January 14, 1973. It was the most-viewed broadcast by an individual entertainer, and then the most expensive production, costing $2.5 million.

The concert was free. Each audience member was asked to pay whatever he or she could afford. The performance and concert merchandise sales raised $75,000 for the Kui Lee Cancer Fund in Hawaii.

*******************************
Written by: Dennis Linde
Recorded: RCA Studios, Hollywood, California: March 28, 1972
Released: August 1, 1972
Album: Burning Love and Hits From His Movies: Volume 2
Label: RCA Records



Elvis Presley: Burning Love: 45 rpm cover sleeve, 1972.
Burning Love
by Dennis Linde

Lord almighty
I feel my temperature rising
Higher, higher
It's burning through to my soul

Girl, girl, girl
You gonna set me on fire
My brain is flaming
I don't know which way to go, yeah

Your kisses lift me higher
Like the sweet song of a choir
And you light my morning sky
With burning love

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
I feel my temperature rising
Help me, I'm flaming
I must be a hundred and nine

Burning, burning, burning
And nothing can cool me
I just might turn into smoke
But I feel fine, yeah

'Cause your kisses lift me higher
Like a sweet song of a choir
And you light my morning sky
With burning love


It's coming closer
The flames are now reaching my body
Please won't you help me
I feel like I'm flipping away

It's hard to breath
And my chest is a-heaving
Lord almighty
I'm burning a hole where I lay

'Cause your kisses lift me higher
Like the sweet song of a choir
And you light my morning sky
With burning love

Burning love
Burning love
Burning love
Burning love

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love

Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.