Saturday, March 5, 2011

John Fogerty: Have You Ever Seen The Rain?



John Fogerty sings "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles in September 2005. The clip is from "The Long Road Home—In Concert" DVD, which was released in June 2006.

John Fogerty established his credentials with Creedence Clearwater Revival, or simply CCR, an American rock group popular in the 1960s and '70s. The song might be taken for a loss of idealism of the 1960s in the general sense, but Fogerty himself has said in interviews and prior to playing the song in concert that the song is about rising tension within CCR and the imminent departure of his brother Tom from the band.

Have You Seen the Rain?
By John Fogerty

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm
I know it's been coming for some time

When it's over so they say
It'll rain on a sunny day
I know shinning down like water

I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
Coming down on a sunny day

Yesterday and days before
Sun is cold and rain is hard
I know, been that way for all my time

'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle of fast and slow
I know it can't stop, I wonder

I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
Coming down on a sunny day

I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
Coming down on a sunny day

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.