Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chicago: Feelin' Stronger Every Day (1973)



The American rock band, Chicago, perform "Feelin' Stronger Every Day"; the song, written by Peter Cetera and James Pankow is on their album Chicago VI (1973). The song is about a so-called failed love relationship and what was learned from it; although this one did not lead to intended results, it did lead to some self-recognition, which is always good. I remember hearing this song in the early 70s; I have always enjoyed the horns interjecting their opinions into the melody.


*********************
Feelin' Stronger Every Day
by Peter Cetera and James Pankow

I do believe in you
And I know you believe in me
Oh yeah, oh yeah

But now we've realized
Love's not all that it's supposed to be
Oh yeah, oh yeah

And knowing that you would have wanted it this way
I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day
I know we really tried together we had love inside
Oh yeah, oh yeah

So now the time has come
For both of us to live on the run
Oh yeah, oh yeah

And knowing that you would have wanted it this way
I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, ah

After what you've meant to me
Ooo baby now
I can make it easily
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I know that we both agree
Best thing that happened to you
The worst thing that happened to me
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Feelin' stronger every day
Feelin' stronger every day
Feelin' stronger every day

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.