Wednesday, June 14, 2017

George Harrison: What Is Life (2016)


What is Life by George Harrison
©2002. G.H. Estate Ltd.
Via: Youtube


In this music video, Emma Rubinowitz, a member of the San Francisco Ballet, dances simply beautifully to an equally beautiful simple love song by George Harrison [1943–2001], “What is Life,” recorded for his triple album, All Things Must Pass, which Apple Records released in November 1970. George Harrison, “a spiritual man” died from cancer on November 29, 2001; he was 58. It is more than appropriate that a good part of this video, artistic in nature, is shot outdoors showing the beauty of human love against the permanence of nature in the free and unrestricted expression of movement and dance. Nature endures; it is undeterred by what man does, by what man throws at it. It was around then and will be around later. Humans, however, are different; humans need things, humans need emotion and feelings. If you have lived a life in the presence of love, both in the giving and in the receiving, then you have succeeded in living a life well-lived. This is a rare achievement no doubt, making it all the more precious. Before I forget to mention it, and I must get back to the dancing, the male dancer is Esteban Hernandez, who is also marvelous. Well done, all around.

What is Life
by George Harrison

What I feel, I can’t say
But my love is there for you, any time of day
But if it’s not love that you need
Then I’ll try my best to make everything succeed

Tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?

What I know, I can do
If I give my love now to everyone like you
But if it’s not love that you need
Then I’ll try my best to make everything succeed

Tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side
Tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?

What I feel, I can’t say
But my love is there for you any time of day
But if it’s not love that you need
Then I’ll try my best to make everything succeed

Tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side
Oh tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?

What is my life without your love
Tell me, who am I without you, by my side?

Oh tell me, what is my life without your love
Tell me who am I without you by my side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ought to reflect the post in question. All comments are moderated; and inappropriate comments, including those that attack persons, those that use profanity and those that are hateful, will not be tolerated. So, keep it on target, clean and thoughtful. This is not a forum for personal vendettas or to create a toxic environment. The chief idea is to engage, to discuss and to critique issues. Doing so within acceptable norms will make the process more rewarding and healthy for everyone. Accordingly, anonymous comments will not be posted.